Two years ago I wrote a short post on the growing popularity of triathlon brand ambassadors (https://mhutto.wordpress.com/2011/09/08/growing-popularity-of-brand-ambassadors-in-triathlon/) It’s that time of year when teams and sponsors are starting to think about 2014. Given that, I wanted to send out a quick update on some news that came across my desk. I will continue to update and please send me others if you see any (twitter: @michaelhutto)
I think joining a team is a great way to share your passions and meet like minded people. I’m biased having been on the REV3 team for the past three years. I will be forever thankful to my teammates who supported me this year dealing with my family tragedy. Below is the start of the known teams that are open or opening soon:
It’s that time of year… Rev3 looking for the next class of Team Rev3 recruits! We love us some newbies and the app is about to go LIVE!
Start thinking about your goals for 2014 – whether it’s to finish your first triathlon or WIN the Rev3 Age Group Series Championship race– but most of all:
Stay tuned for the official app on the Rev3 site, or rumor has it that some of the Team has apps on hand if you want to reach out directly! To learn more about the team and what we do, check out some of the blogs on our Team page, our Twitter list or just reach out directly!!
The application is now live through November 1st, 2013 at http://rev3tri.com/news/team-rev3-2014-application-form/
Come JOIN THE REVOLUTION!!
- Powerbar Team Elite: 2014-15 Application– The 2014-15 application will launch on or around Monday 9/30
- Timex Team (@TeamTimex) tweeted at 9:28 AM on Wed, Sep 25, 2013:
Time to apply! Follow this link below to access the 2014 Timex Multisport Team application. More info within the… http://t.co/QxA72Mw9aK
- John Cobb & crew (@CobbCycling) tweeted at 1:41 PM on Tue, Sep 24, 2013:
Cobb Cycling is please to announce our plans for a Nationwide Triathlon team for the 2014 season! It will be a… http://t.co/rbIxKOFLPm
- BMC Ambassador Program
- First Endurance
- Every Man Jack Triathlon Team
- Powertap & Cyclops 2014 Team: Do you have what it takes to join the PowerTap/CycleOps Grassroots Team? We’ve had a tremendous group of athletes as part of our 2013 Team and are excited to welcome new members for the 2014 season. Application for 2014 PowerTap/CycleOps sponsorship opens on Wednesday, November 6th. If you’re interested in sponsorship and are looking to partner with PowerTap and CycleOps, we’d love to hear from you!
- Zoot Team: Zoot is currently accepting applications from US based amateur triathletes for the new 2014 TEAM ZOOT. Launched in 2006, the original Zoot Ultra Team was comprised of 35 elite amateur and professional athletes primarily focusing on 70.3 and IRONMAN racing. The new TEAM ZOOT will be approximately 10-15 athletes by region, totaling 150-200 across America. ZOOT, Team Sports, and our other partner brands look forward to supporting the team as they accomplish their goals and compete in the sport they love